Beauty & Fashion
How to keep your beard cool in summer
Reasons to keep your beard in summer:
- It will keep you cool. You see, in winter, a beard feels warm because it protects the skin from wind (like a windbreaker), and in summer, it protect the skin from the heat of the sun.
- Your beard protects you from harmful UV rays! An Australian study has shown that beards act like a physical barrier between your skin and the sun, meaning you’re protected from harmful UVA and UVB rays (but don’t forget to apply SPF to the rest of your face though!).
- Beards grower faster in summer. Though more true for some men than others, hair generally grows faster during summer due to our increased vitamin intake, time spent outdoors and in the sun, and a more active lifestyle. This means that you can grow your beard into your desired shape, faster, during the warmer months and there’s less of that “in between” awkwardness.
Warmer weather means that you may need to spend a little extra time on your beard to keep it in tip top condition. Here are our tips on how to keep your beard healthy in summer:
- Keep it clean. You’re more prone to sweating when the weather’s warm, and if the skin below your beard is warm and damp for a prolonged time, it could cause irritation. We recommend cleaning twice a day with FINO’s Gel Face Wash (R70.00). It gently removes daily impurities and promotes soft and moisturised skin whilst protecting against ingrown hair and bumps.
- Keep it trimmed. Give your skin a bit more airflow by trimming your beard a little – this will also make it easier to clean and manage.
- Apply beard oil. Just like the hair on your head, your beard also needs a bit of TLC to keep it in top form, especially if it’s exposed to the elements. Avoid heavy oils that make you feel hot and bothered – opt for a lightweight beard oil like FINO’s Beard and Shave Oil (R135.00). This multipurpose product is a blend of non-greasy natural carrier oils and healing essential oils that nourish and moisturise the beard.
Durban Get It Magazine Nobember 2018Kajal Maharaj : Soapie Star
Win a trip to Disneyland Paris with JAM Clothing
You could win a trip to Disneyland Paris for a family of four!
Summer’s looking more and more colourful. With shades of sunset pink, marine blue, grenadine and more, these Chameleon ICE watches go from the beach to the cocktail bar … beautifully!
It’s wine o’ clock
Whether you’re partial to a crisp dry white, a fruity zesty rosé, or a ripe and full-bodied red with oodles of citrus or spice or rich mineral finishes, these are some really great bottles that should be in everyone’s summer wine rack.
The Santa Run is Back!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year; and what better way to enjoy it than with family and friends at this year’s Santa Run powered by The Hub. KZN’s very own Christmas themed 5km family run is a fun-filled experience that takes participants in, through, up, down, out and around the beloved Jonsson Kings Park precinct. And we have some tickets to giveaway!
Something new on your burger bun
Most of us love the idea of a burger, no matter what our food preference is, and burgers are certainly not for meat eaters alone. For those who are health conscious or don’t eat meat, why not add this Pouyoukas recipe of spicy lentil burgers to your burger night as an extra option.
An afternoon of decadence.
21 reasons to open a bottle of FAT Bastard
Life, like FAT bastard, should be filled to the brim and enjoyed in large, delicious gulps. And this year, this well-loved, delicious, full-bodied range of wines, is celebrating 21 years of living large. So named because when first created by
Pinkies up, it’s time for tea!
There’s nothing quite like tantalising your taste buds in spring with a tall glass of iced tea, which is why we are over the moon that one of our favourite fruit juice brands, Sir Fruit, has introduced a bold, low sugar Ice Tea to its range.
It’s fun, there is food, it’s the Bierfest at Suncoast
Bierfest is back at Durban premier entertainment destination, SUNCOAST, with an offering of good food, music and beer at this year’s TOPS at SPAR Bierfest!