Grow and maintain a ‘tache this Movember
Here is our ultimate guide to growing and maintaining your moustache – no matter what its shape:
- First things first – let it grow! Take some time to allow your moustache to grow – this may take anything from a number of days to a number of weeks, depending on how fast your facial hair grows.
- The key to growing and maintaining a full and even moustache is regular trimming. During the early stages you may find that clippers or a beard trimmer work best, but after a couple of weeks you will need to start using a good quality pair of facial hair scissors to trim around the mouth. Use your lip line as a trimming guide and trim the hair when it’s dry. Wet hair is heavier and hangs lower than dry hair, meaning you may cut off more than you intended.
- This is also a good time to start using a moustache comb, along with a good quality oil like the FINO Beard and Shave Oil (R135 – Clicks; Dis-Chem). Combing your moustache daily detangles it and keeps it even, whilst the beard oil helps moisturise facial hair, and hydrate and protect the skin underneath. It also aids in preventing the itchiness associated with hair growth. Apply the beard oil once or twice a day for optimum results and manageability.
- Good hygiene practices are extremely important when it comes to your facial hair. Be sure to gently cleanse the area twice a day to remove any unwanted dirt and impurities. We recommend FINO MAN Gel Face Wash for beards and face (R69.95 – Clicks; Dis-Chem). A multifunctional product, it gently (yet effectively) removes daily impurities and promotes soft and moisturised skin whilst protecting against ingrown hair and bumps.
- Whether your moustache is your only facial hair, or you’re pairing it with some well-kept stubble / a full beard, keep a tube of FINO Soothe MAN (R69.95 – Clicks; Dis-Chem) on hand to ensure your skin remains razor burn and ingrown hair free. FINO Soothe MAN contains fruit enzymes that naturally exfoliate the skin to minimise the build-up of dead cells, itchiness and dreaded ingrowns. It also prevents sensitivity and redness, leaving your skin looking smooth and feeling healthy.
- Play around with styles! There are so many moustache shapes to choose from; why not try them all? There are various shaping tools on the market to help you get your preferred shape at home, but if you’re not feeling brave enough to attempt it yourself, we recommend paying a visit to your local barber.
Durban Get It Magazine Nobember 2018Kajal Maharaj : Soapie Star
Win a trip to Disneyland Paris with JAM Clothing
You could win a trip to Disneyland Paris for a family of four!
Summer’s looking more and more colourful. With shades of sunset pink, marine blue, grenadine and more, these Chameleon ICE watches go from the beach to the cocktail bar … beautifully!
It’s wine o’ clock
Whether you’re partial to a crisp dry white, a fruity zesty rosé, or a ripe and full-bodied red with oodles of citrus or spice or rich mineral finishes, these are some really great bottles that should be in everyone’s summer wine rack.
The Santa Run is Back!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year; and what better way to enjoy it than with family and friends at this year’s Santa Run powered by The Hub. KZN’s very own Christmas themed 5km family run is a fun-filled experience that takes participants in, through, up, down, out and around the beloved Jonsson Kings Park precinct. And we have some tickets to giveaway!
Something new on your burger bun
Most of us love the idea of a burger, no matter what our food preference is, and burgers are certainly not for meat eaters alone. For those who are health conscious or don’t eat meat, why not add this Pouyoukas recipe of spicy lentil burgers to your burger night as an extra option.
An afternoon of decadence.
21 reasons to open a bottle of FAT Bastard
Life, like FAT bastard, should be filled to the brim and enjoyed in large, delicious gulps. And this year, this well-loved, delicious, full-bodied range of wines, is celebrating 21 years of living large. So named because when first created by
Pinkies up, it’s time for tea!
There’s nothing quite like tantalising your taste buds in spring with a tall glass of iced tea, which is why we are over the moon that one of our favourite fruit juice brands, Sir Fruit, has introduced a bold, low sugar Ice Tea to its range.
It’s fun, there is food, it’s the Bierfest at Suncoast
Bierfest is back at Durban premier entertainment destination, SUNCOAST, with an offering of good food, music and beer at this year’s TOPS at SPAR Bierfest!