Food & Wine
Col’Cacchio Continues to Stay Ahead of Food Trends
Col’Cacchio, the popular Italian-inspired franchise known for its gourmet thin-base wood-fired pizzas, hearty pasta and crisp fresh salads, continues to lead the way in food innovation, constantly introducing new menu items that cater for changing dietary requirements.
Co-founder Kinga Baranowska is behind the menu development at Col’cacchio, and says that their focus on fresh ingredients has made it easy to adapt to the changing needs of their customers.
“Because we use only the freshest ingredients and make everything in-house, we know exactly what goes into every pizza base, each sauce and every dressing for our salads. This control has made it relatively easy for us to develop low-carb, gluten-free and now vegan options, while maintaining the flavourful taste combinations that Col’cacchio is so well-known for,” she said.
The nut-based cheese used on the vegan pizza is also suitable for the lactose and casein intolerant customer.
“We have a vegan Margherita with tomato base to which a selection of vegan-friendly toppings can be added, but also have a range of tasty gourmet vegan pizzas that make use of ingredients such as wood-fire roasted vegetables and a wide range of seeds,” Baranowska adds.
Some of the vegan menu items now available are:
- Spiroco (salad) – lettuce, spiralized beetroot, spiralized carrot, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, lentils, avo and coconut flakes
- Lazio (pizza) – vegan cheese, tomato base, avo, cherry tomato, pumpkin seeds and pesto
- Zucca (pizza) – vegan cheese, butternut and tomato base, roasted butternut, roasted beetroot, rocket, avo, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
- Pomodoro (pasta) tomato and basil
- Amitoso (dessert) – cashew cream, caramel pineapple, orange flavoured crumble and coconut shavings
Col’Cacchio has always been at the forefront of dietary trends, being one of the first in the market to introduce carb-conscious options for pizza, salad and pasta. The low calorie Foro range of pizzas ensures that every possible taste is catered for.
Make your choice, and taste the flavour of Col’cacchio today.
For more info visit www.colcacchio.co.za or hop onto the social media platforms:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ColCacchio/
- Twitter: @ColCacchio
- Instagram: @colcacchio
- Download the Col’Cacchio Rewards app from the Apple App Store or Google Play & unlock delicious rewards!
For media requests contact Lisa Fortuin: email@example.com
Get It Magazine Durban October 2018Roberta still fab at 50