Food & Wine
Raw Broccoli Superfood Salad
1 box Fry’s Rice Protein and Chia Nuggets (Frozen)
1 head broccoli
60g mixed seeds, lightly toasted
100g goji berries, cranberries and raisin mix
1 punnet mini plum tomatoes, washed and halved (yellow and red)
1 Fuji apple, cored and finely chopped
100g cooked chickpeas
For the Vegan Mayonnaise Dressing:
1 heaped tbsp of cooked chickpeas (from a tin works well)
20ml white balsamic vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
1 heaped tsp mustard
1 tsp xylitol
150ml oil mix (grapeseed oil, avocado oil, olive oil and coconut oil)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Add half an avocado (if serving all the mayonnaise within an hour or two)
- Place the frozen Nuggets in the Airfryer for 8 minutes at 185°C. Shake the Nuggets and increase the temperature to 200°C and cook for another 2 minutes.
- The Nuggets should be golden and crispy. If you don’t have an Airfryer, simply cook according to the packaging instructions.
- Slice the Nuggets in half.
- Remove the tough stalk at the end of the broccoli and wash broccoli head thoroughly. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, including the Nuggets, and mix together.
- To make the vegan mayonnaise, add the chickpeas, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, xylitol and seasoning into the jug of a hand held blender. Add the avocado, if using. Blitz until thick and creamy.
- With the head of the blender still in the jug, start pouring the oil in while lifting it up and down until the oil emulsifies with the rest of the ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Get It Magazine Durban March 2018Alice Leah: Queen of Networking