Food & Wine
‘Tis the Season to be Jolly with GLAD
Here are some tips on saving food:
- GLAD loves leftovers! Being food smart is the best way to prevent waste and save money too (bonus!) Leftovers can be wrapped in GLAD Cling Wrap, refrigerated, and then used for sandwiches for lunch the next day.
- Cover bowls of food with GLAD Cling Wrap to prevent the food from drying out and “going brown”
If you want to end off a special family meal with something scrumptious; here is a GLAD recipe to keep you inspired!
GLAD Festive Season Berry Muffins
750ml (420g) cake flour
200ml castor sugar
20ml baking powder
6ml bicarbonate of soda
500g mixed berries, frozen or fresh
Grated rind of 1 lemon
420ml buttermilk or plain yoghurt
80 ml sunflower oil
80 ml butter, melted
250ml (130g) icing sugar, sifted+30ml waterred food colouring
Silver balls for decoration
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together. Add the berries and grated lemon rind. Mix through.
- Beat the buttermilk, eggs, oil and butter together until mixed and gradually add to the dry ingredients until a moist dough. Do not over mix, dough can still be lumpy.
- Spoon into the hollows of a 12 hole muffin pan lined with paper muffin cups. Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 20 – 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow to rest in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- For Icing: Mix icing sugar, water and a few drops of colouring together to make a smooth paste. Spread on the cooled muffins. Decorate with silver balls.
- Arrange on a serving plate and cover with GLAD Wrap until served.
- Serve with coffee or as a dessert.
GLAD wishes everyone a great festive season.
All GLAD products are made for your convenience with the purpose of keeping your food fresh for longer. GLAD – Saving good food. From going bad.
Get It Magazine Durban June 2018Meet Beth Neale Mermaid Freediver & ocean warrior