Food & Wine
Old childhood favourite … with an apricot and peach twist!
Adding Apricot and Peach Jam to this delish mixture of curried mince and creamy golden topping takes this old family favourite to a new level.
Preparation time: 90 minutes
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) crushed garlic
- 500 g minced beef
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) curry powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp) masala
- 15 ml Mrs Balls Chutney
- 10 ml vinegar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) turmeric
- 50 ml ALL GOLD Skweezi Apricot & Peach Jam
- 65 ml (¼ cup) seedless raisins
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 6 bay leaves
- Heat oil and fry onions and garlic until transparent.
- Add minced beef, cook for 10 minutes until brown.
- Place bread in a bowl and cover with milk.
- Soak for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze bread and reserve the milk.
- Add bread to mince, together with spices and ALL GOLD Skweezi Apricot & Peach Jam, chutney and vinegar.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into individual ovenproof bowls or 1 large rectangular ovenproof dish.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 180 °C.
- Mix together reserved milk and eggs.
- Remove Bobotie from oven and pour milk mixture over.
- Top with bay leaves.
- Return to oven and bake for a further 15 minutes at 180 °C until custard has set.
- Serve warm over rice or with a salad.
Get It Magazine Durban December 2017Make it a festive summer
Let the magic happen around the table this year. Gather your loved ones for the festive feast with all the trimmings and create some new memories.
Cancer: A love Story
Cancer: A love Story is Lauren Segal’s achingly tender memoir, which starts one wintery morning in 2014 when she receives a call from her husband. The furthest thing from her mind is her biopsy results.
It’s going to be a delicious festive season…
This year’s holiday season will be jolly delicious as Cadbury plans to share the joy with three new treats, and we’re hoping for at least one of each of these in our stockings!
Kahvé Road coffee capsules
Kahvé Road, premium coffee and patisserie specialist has extended its offering to its own premium coffee capsule range which is available at the popular eatery based in Cape Town, as well as online.
An easy going classic rocking horse
Make playtime active with the Hape Rock and Ride Rocking Horse from Toy Kingdom. This perfectly-balanced ride-on can take kids for a slow-and-steady trot or a rocking gallop.
Celebrate the special moments in life with Nomination
Nomination’s new collection of Composable links is called Life, because each link reflects an important moment in your life.
An elegant and iridescent palate pleaser
Following Krone’s tradition of hand-picking their grapes under the stars in the cool of the night to retain flavour and aroma, the Krone Borealis was named after the ‘Corona Borealis’ constellation of stars.
Discover Huggies Pants, designed for active babies
Is your baby becoming more active or wriggling at change time?
Enchanting eye colours
Discover eyes that shine with dazzling beauty. With a sweep of brilliance, these Enchanting Eye Colours from Mii create instant allure to give a sheer look layered with sophisticated shimmer.
The ultimate Robertson Winery Summer Hamper
Robertson Winery Lightly Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc is not a light wine and it is not a sparkling wine; it’s a lightly sparkling wine – produced from top quality grapes, with intense fruit flavours of grapefruit, melon and passionfruit and an added dazzle of tiny bubbles for innervigorating summer pleasure.