Food & Wine
Old childhood favourite … with an apricot and peach twist!
Adding Apricot and Peach Jam to this delish mixture of curried mince and creamy golden topping takes this old family favourite to a new level.
Preparation time: 90 minutes
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) crushed garlic
- 500 g minced beef
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) curry powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp) masala
- 15 ml Mrs Balls Chutney
- 10 ml vinegar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) turmeric
- 50 ml ALL GOLD Skweezi Apricot & Peach Jam
- 65 ml (¼ cup) seedless raisins
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 6 bay leaves
- Heat oil and fry onions and garlic until transparent.
- Add minced beef, cook for 10 minutes until brown.
- Place bread in a bowl and cover with milk.
- Soak for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze bread and reserve the milk.
- Add bread to mince, together with spices and ALL GOLD Skweezi Apricot & Peach Jam, chutney and vinegar.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into individual ovenproof bowls or 1 large rectangular ovenproof dish.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 180 °C.
- Mix together reserved milk and eggs.
- Remove Bobotie from oven and pour milk mixture over.
- Top with bay leaves.
- Return to oven and bake for a further 15 minutes at 180 °C until custard has set.
- Serve warm over rice or with a salad.
Get It Durban October 2017Michelle Markham, Goddess of waste
Wanna win a R500 Col’Cacchio voucher?
Hey pizza lovers! We are offering you the chance to win a R500 voucher from Col’Cacchio, the popular Italian inspired franchise known for its gourmet thin-base wood-fired pizzas, hearty pasta and crisp fresh salads.
Wealth Movement Event
Interested in Wealth Movement? We are giving away two tickets to the event below at Coastlands Hotel, Umhlanga on 31 October 2017.
Yusuf Cat Stevens ticket give-away
British singer-songwriting legend and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, Yusuf / Cat Stevens is touring South Africa for the first-time next month, and you could win a set of tickets to the Durban show.
The Midlands Kitchen
Motorists driving the long slog of the N3 highway will soon have an exciting new stopping point that’s promising to deliver a taste sensation.
Durbs: can you handle all the heroes?
The Color Run is back! In 2017, it’s bringing The Superhero Tour to Durban’s shores. Strap on your capes – it’s gonna get colourful.
Time for a classic, and oh-so-beautiful, timepiece.
Sense by Hollandia
A sense of wonder for the bedroom.