Keep it simple
The trick is to keep your make-up routine as minimal as possible. You’ll be thanking yourself when you wake up late and have to run out the door to your early morning class. Simpler is better. Here are the cosmetics essentials we recommend:
The Essence Range is great for the younger skin and the great thing is that all of their products are not tested on animals.
- A Foundation –covers up everything, looks natural and is super easy to use. We recommend Essence Soft touch mousse make-up. R79.95
- A Concealer – for those days when you wake up with a pimple or didn’t get enough sleep….. give Essence Stay natural concealer a try, we love it. R45.95
- Mascara– this is a little gem that just adds that extra touch and makes your eyes pop. That’s why we choose the Essence Trend Edition Little eyebrow monsters. R53.95
- Lip Gloss or Lip Balm– Because dry lips are never cute! Essence Gossy Kiss Lipbalm will keep our pout silky soft. R19.95
- Bronzing Powder –for a hint of colour and to help you look awake, even at 8am. We choose Essence Luminous matt bronzing powder. R64.95
- Eye Shadow – If you need that little extra for the day,Essence All about Eyeshadow Palette- Nude, will enhance your natural look. R89.95
But at the end of the day, it all starts with great looking skin!
When your skin looks good, the rest of your make-up routine becomes 100 times easier. Instead of piling on the foundation and cover-up, you can just use a mineral powder or tinted moisturiser.
A few tips to get your skin in tip-top shape:
- Drink plenty of water to keep your system and skin well hydrated. Yes we know it’s cliche’, but a well hydrated system can combat pimples and acne better.
- Make sure you wash your face twice daily. Invest in a good cleanser.
- Following a strict cleansing, toning and moisturising routine every morning and evening, without fail.
- Exfoliate at least once every week.
- Don’t ever go to bed without washing your face.It’s a recipe for breakouts, wrinkles, and premature ageing. Keep some baby wipes in your room for nights when you’re too exhausted to make it to a sink.
- Sleep! We know it is a big ask but try get last at least 8 hours of sleep a night.
- Exercise regularly and meditate. This will lower your stress levels and keep you in tip top shape.
- What are you eating? What you put in your body is just as important as what you put on it. Stay away from sugary and starchy foods – they add and contribute to pimples and acne. Fresh fruit and veggies are the way to go. Some amazing skin foods are salmon, yoghurt, green tea and blueberries.
Get It Magazine Durban May 2018A fairytale romance