Fancy winning a voucher from Extra Yum Cakes?
Here is a tasty TRAY BAKE Recipe for you to add to your collection!
Dense chocolate brownies
Makes about 20 and takes about 30 min to prep and 25 min to cook – plus cooling
100 g plain chocolate -70% cocoa is best
125g unsalted butter
200g light brown sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs – beaten
100g plain flour
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
100g finely chopped walnuts
50g plain chocolate
50 g unsalted butter
2 tbsps. milk
2 tbsps. cocoa powder
100g icing sugar
50 g finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree and line a 23cm square, shallow tin with baking parchment
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl- over a pan of simmering water
- Remove and stir in sugar (or stevia or xylitol), eggs and vanilla. Beat well until smooth
- Sift in the cocoa powder and flour
- Stir until blended and then add and stir in walnuts
- Pour into the tin and level the surface with a knife
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm to the touch
- Cool in the tin
- For the topping –melt butter and chocolate as before
- Remove from heat and stir in the milk
- Sift the cocoa and icing sugar and beat well until thick and smooth
- Spread this topping over the cooling brownies and sprinkle with walnuts
- Leave to set
- Cut into squares
- Stevia or xylitol can be used instead of sugar but remember this is more expensive
- Carob can be used instead of traditional chocolate but it will alter the taste.
ORDERS FOR FATHERS DAY CAKES are being taken now! LAST ORDER 9TH JUNE
Contact TANYA on 0827479738 (also on Whatsupp) or email@example.com
FB: Extra Yum Cakes https://www.facebook.com/ExtraYumCakes/
Prices vary according to design and recipe choice. Cupcake orders min 12 units per order
Now for the competition….
Answer the question below and your entry will go into a random draw from which the winner will be selected on 7 June. If you are chosen as the winner, you can either decide to order a 23xm round sponge cake in chocolate or vanilla in time for Father’s Day or hold your voucher ( valid max 2 months from date of issue) for another special occasion.
QUESTION: Which Upper Highway Baking Studio has the undefinable quality that gives it the “X“ Factor with its creations?
Your answers should go to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 June 2017. Head the suject box: Yum
Durban Get It Magazine – July 2017Durban July sets the scene with the Colour of Magic.