45 ml (3 tbsp) sunflower oil
½ red pepper, finely chopped
4 spring onions, finely chopped
5 ml (1 teaspoon) crushed garlic
3 ml (½ cup) dried chilli flakes
½ can (410 g) KOO whole kernel corn, drained
240 g (2 cups) cake wheat flour
Salt, to taste
10 ml (2 teaspoons) baking powder
3 extra-large eggs, beaten
100 g butter, melted
500 ml (2 cups) buttermilk
45 ml (3 tbsp) finely chopped fresh coriander
For the bacon:
1. Preheat oven to 190 °C.
2. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
3. Arrange the bacon on the baking tray and brush each side with ALL GOLD SEVILE ORANGE MARMALADE.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until crispy.
5. Remove from oven and keep warm.
For the crumpets:
1. For the crumpets: heat oil in a frying pan and sauté red pepper and spring onions for 3 minutes.
2. Add garlic and chilli flakes, fry for 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, fold in kernel corn and set aside to cool.
4. Sift together cake flour, salt and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
5. Mix together eggs, butter and buttermilk in a small bowl.
6. Add to the dry ingredients together with the pepper mixture and herbs.