More mac ‘n cheese, if you please!
Another family chart topper is a really good Mac ‘n Cheese… comfort food at its finest and definitely moreish! Popular around the world, this dish has earned a place of honour on 14 July, with its very own National Mac ‘n Cheese Day.
The great thing about this dish is that you can elevate even the simplest Mac ‘n Cheese recipe by adding South Africa’s favourite ALL GOLD products in the mix! Crammed with the goodness of real tomatoes, ALL GOLD Italian-style Sliced Tomatoes add home-grown flavour to this classic. So easy to use, thanks to ALL GOLD’s EZO easy-to-open lids!
Prepare this Mac ‘n Cheese recipe we’ve included, serve it with a smile, and don’t forget to have SA’s most loved Tomato Sauce*, ALL GOLD Tomato Sauce, close by! Pass da pasta, folks!
MAC ‘n CHEESE
Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 500 g Fatti’s & Moni’s Macaroni
- 410g ALL GOLD Italian-style Sliced Tomatoes
- 500 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Cook the macaroni according to the instructions on the packet.
- Grease a large ovenproof dish with butter.
- Spoon half the macaroni into the dish.
- Top with tomato slices, followed by cheese.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Repeat layering and seasoning; finish with layer of cheese and tomatoes on top.
- Cut butter into pieces and place on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and tomatoes are baked through.
For more tasty recipes, crammed full of goodness, which taste real good, visit our newly revamped website: http://www.allgold.co.za/. Join the conversations on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllGoldSA or Twitter: https://twitter.com/AllGold_SA and Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/allgoldsa/.
*In a blind taste test conducted by Market Instinct in 2016, 84% of the 420 respondents gave ALL GOLD Tomato Sauce a positive overall product rating.
Get It Durban October 2017Michelle Markham, Goddess of waste