Food & Wine
Let’s do lunch… fast!
The Express Lunch at Big Easy Winebar & Grill at the Hilton Durban is one way of doing business, renewing acquaintances or spending quality time with friends and family in the middle of a busy day.
Ultimately, though, a midweek business lunch is not about the food, but about fostering relationships between clients and staff and getting to know each other better.
If you are combining business with lunch, bear the following five key points in mind in getting the most out of your meeting.
- Don’t choose a meal which might be messy – even if spaghetti bolognaise or spare ribs is your favourite dish to order
- If you’re using the lunch meeting to discuss business – embrace the initial small talk and gauge when is the right time to start talking shop
- If you are the host, consider supplying the restaurant with your credit card beforehand to settle the bill to avoid any confusion about who pays
- Wait for your guest to arrive before being seated
- Try and mirror the number of courses your guest is having – to avoid an uncomfortable situation of sitting watching them eat (if they choose a starter, main course and dessert and you just have mains). This is where Lunch Specials (like The Express Lunch at Big Easy Winebar & Grill at the Hilton Durban) are ideal. There is a set menu available with a choice of either a two- or three-course meal – and the urgency of time is kept in mind by the waitrons. The Special includes a choice of either a glass of wine, a beer or a cold-drink. The two-course Express Lunch costs R150 pp; the three-course Express Lunch costs R180 pp.
To book, telephone 031 336 8166 or email email@example.com
Big Easy Wine Bar & Grill Durban by Ernie Els
12-14 Walnut Road, Durban
Durban Get It Magazine – August 2017Women of substance